Fwd: Re: setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH when cross-compiling

From: Rob Ward <rob_at_rob-ward.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 17:58:45 +0000

On 9 February 2012 16:53, Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
wrote:

> Rob Ward wrote:
>
> > Comments on if this approach will/won't work or if it could
> > be modified would be appreciated, and if it is completely
> > wrong please tell me, I won't take it personally :-)
>
> I think the approach is good, because it lets "configure" do the job.
> However I remember some similar problem with the "insight" debugger when
> compiling on a [3456]86 architecture, targetting another architecture in
> the same family (i.e.: cross-compiling for i686 on a i386): in this
> case, configure "thinks" we are cross-compiling even if the binary code
> compatibility is assured. I had to set an external mess to avoid this...
> But it was long ago... should be tested with more recent autotools.
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for that, not sure how well it detects that type of situation, I
guess this just needs testing on lots of different machines.

I have additionally attached a change to add output to ./configure when run
to show if cross compiling in an easy to read manner.

Further comments on this welcome(as are tests in cross compile environments
as it is still untested)

Cheers,

Rob