Cross-compiling libcurl for an embedded platform using lwip

From: Mason <mpeg.blue_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 17:47:02 +0100

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to cross-compile libcurl for an embedded platform
where the typical "BSD socket" functions are stored in a
static library as lwip_gethostbyname, lwip_connect, etc
(provided by lwip).

I'm still trying to run the configure script successfully.

It seems I can prevent the configure script from testing
for gethostbyname by exporting

  export ac_cv_func_gethostbyname=yes

Is that correct?

However, I don't see the same thing for connect.

The current error is
configure: error: cannot find connect function in libraries.

I see that there is some preliminary support for lwip in the
win port, but my platform is much more Unix-friendly, except
for the network code which is provided by an external library,
lwip in my case.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip/

Should I even try to disable all the BSD function checks?
Or is there a better approach?

--
Regards.