RE: Cross-compiling libcurl for an embedded platform using lwip

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_broadsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:41:11 -0800

> On Behalf Of Mason
> Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 08:47
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to cross-compile libcurl for an embedded platform
> where the typical "BSD socket" functions are stored in a
> static library as lwip_gethostbyname, lwip_connect, etc
> (provided by lwip).
>
> I'm still trying to run the configure script successfully.
>
> Should I even try to disable all the BSD function checks?
> Or is there a better approach?

It has been about five years since I built libcurl to link
against lwip. A lot has happened to both libraries since then,
but it still seems true that ./configure will not be able
to make sense of the lwip libraries and headers.

In the end, I believe I took the output from a
cross-compile ./configure and massaged the config.h and makefiles
in order to build against lwip. That took a few hours longer than
I liked, but the end result worked out fine.

Cheers,
Gary @ Broadsoft