Re: Pipelining and POST requests

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:51:58 +0100

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 06:10:08PM +0400, ru-17 wrote:
> I got more details for the described problem.
>
> Seems that pipelining is working, I configured Nginx to print the
> status of pipelining by using directive "$pipe" in log format. And
> almost in 70% of request has used pipeline.

I assume you're still talking about pipelining POST requests using your
own patches.

> I decided to check is there are real async or not, I sent bunches with
> no more than 5 simultaneous requests, and I configured my accepting
> server side to answer without delay to all except 1 specified request.
> In Nginx logs I could see the time that was used for performing each
> query. and this time for all the queries except 1 is almost 0, but in
> curl I receive all answers one-by-one, and 4 queries after the slow
> one are came in only after the slow was done, but in Nginx and tcpdump
> I saw that they were sent without delay.

That sounds like what would be expected. Pipelining does not alter the
order of requests and responses.

> Please, could you point me to my error if it's exists, I tried to
> figure out what is going ou almost for week without success.

I'm not clear on what is the error of which you speak. POST requests are
not currently pipelined in curl (see TODO item 2.4), and it sounds like
your patches have enabled it in the cases you are trying. There are
likely to be edge conditions that you haven't met yet (to do with error
you get it working, we'd like to see the patches here!

>>> Dan