Re: Libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:41:41 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Prasanth Madhavan wrote:

> I need to know how libcurl works.
>
> i.e how it handles connections, is it just a single process that handles all
> the connections or is there like multiple threads to handle multiple
> connection

libcurl runs in the same thread/process as your application. The multi
interface handles parallel connections in that single thread. (With the
exception that name resolves may optionally be done using another thread.)

> what is the bottleneck in using libcurl to handle 100-200 connections at a
> time, what is the overhead in using this library etc.

That depends on a multitude of factors. It is much better if you evaluate and
test that yourself under your own special conditions. We have no extensive
test data or numbers.

> Is there an online documentation that gives all this details?

As Aleksandar explained already, we have lots of documentation. I figure you
should read up there first, then come back and ask about the specific details
you couldn't find the answers to.