Re: Getting the error Failed to get recent socket, Unsupported protocolwhile establishing HTTPS connection

From: ankit Tripathi <erankit0903_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 01:12:21 +0530

Hi patrick,
Thanks for the reply.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Patrick Monnerat <
Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch> wrote:

> ankit Tripathi wrote:
> > 2)"Unsupported protocol " .while waiting on socket for the receiving
> > first it wait around 15 to 20 sec and then it trows the error.i am
> > providing here the test application in which i am making https
> > connection with google.com. after waiting on socket for 15-20 sec
> > it throws the error 1)" Failed to get recent socket "
> > 2)"Unsupported protocol " .i tried to googling but i didn't found
> much.
>
> I suppose Google closed the connection while you are sleeping on
> select(): there are odd things in your program that make me think so:
>
> 1) Your select() call monitors for events but neither for input nor for
> output.

Actually this is the test application.in my application i have to wait
until some request comes from the PEER.we can't use curl_easy_recv()
untill the socket is not ready so here i am waiting on the select .

> 2) You do not send data between connection and wait+read: the http(s)
> protocol states (apart from SSL handshake) that the client must "speak"
> first.

Did you mean that i should send some message to PEER before going to sleep
on socket for receiving the msg from PEER.i also tried that thing .while
setting the CURL_CONNECT_ONLY msg we don't allow any header to go to
PEER.so manually i sent the header request " "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\nHost:
google.com:443\r\n\r\n" to the PEER .but that trick also din not work.

> 3) As a consequence, the only way to leave procedure wait_on_socket() is
> to get an event on that socket, or after 60sec... But Google is not so
> patient ;-) so you get your event telling that Google has closed the
> connection.

in wait_on_socket () function i am waiting on select until any request
occurs.as the last parameter i am passing the NULL
select(sockfd + 1, &infd, &outfd, &errfd, NULL);

> I hope it helps.

 i have also mentioned the Verbose msg and error msg which i got in the
earlier mail.please help me out.
Thanks
Ankit