using CURLOPT_CAINFO with unicode path

From: JonathonS <thejunkjon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:33:54 -0700

Hi,

Is there a recommended approach for passing in unicode paths for
CURLOPT_CAINFO? I've read through the documentation and I can't find
anything on how the paths should be encoded.

After digging through the source code, it looks like the path
parameter eventually gets passed into Openssl's x509_load_crl_file.
This function then passes it into Openssl's BIO_read_filename which
then uses fopen to open the file. I am currently developing on
Windows and so fopen does not "understand" unicode.

Are there any workarounds that people have done to get this to work?

Thanks,