Allowing CURLOPT_SSH_PUBLIC_KEY_FILE to be not set

From: Ellié Computing Open Source Program <opensource_at_elliecomputing.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:36:10 +0100

Hi,

I’m working on the interface of our soft, and providing two paths for a single key in the UI (public and private) is somewhat redundant, knowing that the private key format for SSH2 contains enough information to reconstruct the public key, although I understand that for performance reason one might want to provide the public key directly.

OK so here is my proposal: could we consider CURLOPT_SSH_PUBLIC_KEY_FILE not set when private key is as being “normal” and mean “pass publickey=NULL to libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile_ex ()” ? libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile_ex will indeed compute the public key from the private key in that case, which is maybe a bit slower but much more practical.

Regards
Armel