Re: Using libcurl on top of lwip on POSIX embedded platform (take 2)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:55:44 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Mason wrote:

>> I really don't like this being dependent on the presence of windows.h. I'd
>> rather we make a decision and we document that - it will still be a good
>> idea to produce a short description somewhere on how to build and use
>> libcurl with lwip so that future users won't have to get through all this
>> work that you have!
>
> I'm just trying to avoid having libcurl.a for SH-4 made bigger because the
> code dynamically tries to deal with Windows platforms.

Then I think the check should explicitly check for builds for windows and not
builds that have the windows.h header file.

But then, what if another operating system would have the lwip stack and an
application using libcurl would like to use that, which method would it most
likely use? Perhaps we should simply assume a define that needs to be set to
cause the lwip-init to get done by libcurl. Like CURL_LWIP_INIT or something.