HTTP redirection to relative path

From: Woods <woods.biz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:41:18 +0800

Hi,

Let me ask again, because it becomes critical in my code so that I have to
solve this issue.
I noticed a problem on HTTP redirection to relative path.
In brief:
(1) if using http://somehostname/index.php as target url, the redirection
can be performed but the result code/msg is "URL using bad/illegal format
or missing URL". Why is it treated as an illegal url?
(2) if using http://somehosename as target url, libcurl CANNOT handle
redirection in that it requests the same url repeatedly without picking the
relative path from LOCATION header. It means program will block on
curl_easy_perform permanently.
I am seeking your advice on this, is it a known bug or I can do something
to solve it. Thanks.

--
Woods