Re: Calling make twice fails the second time

From: Mason <mpeg.blue_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:20:54 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Mason wrote:
>
>>> $ make
>>> .deps/asyn-thread.Plo:1: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.
>>>
>>> I don't think I'm the first person to cross-compile libcurl
>>> using cygwin. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> An acceptable work-around is to tell --disable-dependency-tracking to the
>> configure script.
>
> This seems to be a cygwin and/or autotool issue, I don't think this is curl's
> fault at all.

Daniel,

I never meant to imply this was "curl's fault" (whatever that means).
However, if one cannot build libcurl in a given situation, it might
be helpful to have a work-around, wouldn't you agree?

In my case, the problem comes from the fact that I am trying to
build libcurl in cygwin, but my tool chain is supposed to run
in Windows/DOS, and thus prints DOS pathnames in some situations,
which cygwin cannot deal with.

I don't think there's a clean solution to my problem, which is why
I offered merely a work-around.

--
Regards.