Re(2): Building for Windows and Unix from same source tree?

From: Ellié Computing Open Source Program <opensource_at_elliecomputing.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 22:31:55 +0100

>2012/3/21 Elli? Computing Open Source Program
><opensource_at_elliecomputing.com>:

>> it seems that there is a problem building for Windows and Unix from a
>> single
>> source tree
>
>It is not supported. Use different source trees when building for
>different platforms.
to be honest, I don't really care if it _was_ not supported. it should. any
decent library can do that, in fact, all the libraries I know of except toy
libraries can do that. and in addition, it used to support it. I don't
believe regression is a must have.

I'm ready to propose patches and so on, including makefiles, .BATs...
Is the way I proposed OK? (adding a include/curl folder in a winbuild and
copying the curlbuild.h.dist there rather than polluting the main tree?)

Regards
Armel