RE: Re(2): Building for Windows and Unix from same source tree?

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:51:02 +0000

Hi Armel,

> I'm ready to propose patches and so on, including makefiles, .BATs...

I'm not sure if I've missed something but I guess you're talking about the
Windows makefile build system?

> Is the way I proposed OK? (adding a include/curl folder in a
> winbuild and copying the curlbuild.h.dist there rather than
> polluting the main tree?)

I wouldn't recommend it... I'm guessing that most people that build libcurl
for Windows either use 1) Cygwin (Which I would imagine is working
perfectly) or 2) The Visual C++ project files (Myself included).

I have VC++ project files for VC7.1, VC8, VC9 and VC10 that work perfectly
for building both libcurl and curl from the existing source tree and would
prefer to work with a common structure rather than a winbuild variant.

Is it possible to fix the makefile build without additional files under the
winbuild directory?

Kind Regards

Steve