Re: Calling make twice fails the second time

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 23:08:23 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012, Mason wrote:

>>> An acceptable work-around is to tell --disable-dependency-tracking to the
>>> configure script.
>>
>> This seems to be a cygwin and/or autotool issue, I don't think this is
>> curl's fault at all.
>
> I never meant to imply this was "curl's fault" (whatever that means).
> However, if one cannot build libcurl in a given situation, it might be
> helpful to have a work-around, wouldn't you agree?

Yes sure, and your work-around is now posted here for others to find and try
and use and use as input when working on doing a "real" fix.

I'm just suggesting that possibly the "real fix" should be done in the
automake/autoconf project. Of course it takes some further digging to figure
that out properly.

> In my case, the problem comes from the fact that I am trying to build
> libcurl in cygwin, but my tool chain is supposed to run in Windows/DOS, and
> thus prints DOS pathnames in some situations, which cygwin cannot deal with.

Aha, yes I guess that can provide some interesting situations.