RE: PUT of empty file with multi-pass authentication fails

From: Jonathan Brown <jwbrown_at_adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:44:41 -0700

> I've tried to write up a test case to repeat this problem but I've failed.
> The attached file can be put in tests/data/ and then I can 'runtests.pl 1330'
> just fine with my git version. Can you? Can you spot any difference compared
> to your case?

Daniel,
Thanks for your help. This test fails for me in the same way that my project code fails (with both 7.24.0 and 7.25.0 source).

Can you check what occurs in your code at http.c line 383 in http_perhapsrewind():

        if((expectsend == -1) || (expectsend > bytessent)) {
            conn->bits.close = TRUE;
            data->req.size = 0; /* don't download any more than 0 bytes */
        }

Does the if test pass or fail? What are the values of expectsend and bytessent?
Thanks,
Jonathan

P.S. Let me know if it would be helpful to supply you with my config and/or build output offline.