Re: CMake: fix for Windows x64 build with MSVS Compiler

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:33:32 +0200

2012/3/29 Steve Holme wrote:

> However, I do like your "more generic the better" approach. As such I am
> wondering, is it possible to use this approach in curlbuild.h and provide
> consistency between the two?

No. Even after some years, the cmake build is not even close to build
libcurl in the same way as it would get built when using other build
system. Cross-contamination from libcurl's cmake build system into the
other ones is quite risky.

Just for jiggles... I have tried the cmake build a while ago with VS6
and horror of horrors it creates a curl_off_t definition which is only
32bit instead of a 64bit proper one, and the same for ssize_t. Thise
are so serious that I'm not sure it is worth mentioning that the
following definitions are also wrong or missing :-(

NEED_MALLOC_H
HAVE_WS2TCPIP_H
HAVE_GETHOSTNAME
HAVE_IOCTLSOCKET_CAMEL_FIONBIO
HAVE_SETMODE
HAVE_SETVBUF
HAVE_STRFTIME
GETNAMEINFO_QUAL_ARG1
GETNAMEINFO_TYPE_ARG1
GETNAMEINFO_TYPE_ARG2
GETNAMEINFO_TYPE_ARG46
GETNAMEINFO_TYPE_ARG7
HAVE_RECVFROM
RECVFROM_TYPE_ARG1
RECVFROM_TYPE_ARG2
RECVFROM_TYPE_ARG3
RECVFROM_TYPE_ARG4
RECVFROM_TYPE_ARG5
RECVFROM_TYPE_ARG6
RECVFROM_TYPE_RETV
#define SIZEOF_SIZE_T 4
HAVE_FREEADDRINFO
HAVE_GETADDRINFO
HAVE_GETADDRINFO_THREADSAFE
HAVE_GETNAMEINFO
USE_WIN32_LARGE_FILES
USE_WIN32_SMALL_FILES
USE_THREADS_WIN32

I really hope that the results are better when using other compilers
or platforms.

--
-=[Yang]=-