RE: Support for authentication DIGEST-MD5 for SMTP

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:43:09 +0100

Hi

> > > Yes I will try to do it in my spare time since my employer has no
> > > attention to this feature these days :-)
> > >
> > > Thanks for the info. I think it is better if we catch up with the v7.25.
> > Cool... There is no rush and thank you for your work so far.
>
> I have finally had some spare time to re-submit DIGEST-MD5 authentication
> feature for SMTP.

Fantastic.

> As suggested in earlier emails (by Steve), there are separate patches,
> also Steve's review comments are fixed:
>
> 1- Support incrementally calculating MD5
> 2- Replace hardcoded MD5 digest length with preprocessor constant
> 3- Add DIGEST MD5 AUTH support for SMTP

Thank you... There we still a few minor issues - A couple of lines were longer than 78 characters, asterisks in pointer notation where left justified and not right which I have fixed up. I also moved the smtp_digest_get_key_value() function to the top of smtp.c to keep all the resp functions together, renamed the second resp function and tidied a few comments up.

I have now pushed these changes and put the commit comments into the format we use for curl ;-)

Are you in a position to download the latest code from git and run your own tests please?

Thanks again

Steve