Re: initial attemt at a port of cURL to Plan9

From: Jens Staal <staal1978_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:13:27 +0200

> Hi,
>
> This just sounds like fun :-)
>
> Did you build against an SSL implementation, if yes, which one did you try?
> I haven't looked at the package yet.
>

>        Oscar

:)

I use steve's mkmk rc script [1] to generate mkfiles so the standard
configure/make stuff is sort of circumvented. I have also attempted to
write up a small how-to with handy tips-and-tricks for porting stuff
to Plan9/APE [2].

As can be seen in lib/README.Plan9, I have attempted to link against
an old ssl port (0.9.8g) that can be found in fgb's contrib
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Contrib_index/index.html
Also libcrypto.a, libz.a, libbz2.a are attempted to be linked.

running curl --version under ape/psh gives the following info:

curl 7.23.1 (i386-unknown-plan9) libcurl/7.23.1 zlib/1.2.2 Protocols:
dict file ftp gopher http imap pop3 rtsp smtp telnet tftp Features:
Largefile libz

so in that readout I do not see that ssl would have been sucessfully
compiled in...

[1] http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9_contrib/1/mkmk
[2] http://code.google.com/p/ports2plan9/wiki/PortingStuffToPlan9