Re: SSL/TLS support using Windows SSPI Schannel API

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:01:49 +0200

"Marc Hörsken" <info_at_marc-hoersken.de> wrote:

> this weekend I took the time to create a new SSL/TLS module für libcurl. It
> is now possible to use the Windows SSPI Schannel API for SSL and TLS
> connections.

I looked at briefly. I even built with your code easily w/o knowing anything
about SSPI. No problems building it. I just added
'-DUSE_WINDOWS_SSPI -DUSE_SCHANNEL' to my CFLAGS.
PS. I accidentely had '-DUSE_OPENSSL' together with these. That caused
troubles in urldata.h etc. Can you test fir that and issue an #error message?

> The great news behind all this is, that it is now possible to do SSL/TLS
> with curl, but without openssl on Windows. This means that the Windows
> certificate store is used and there are no other dependencies which need to
> be installed.

So, maybe a naive question. If OpenSSL isn't there to give us https-support in
libcurl, is Windows SSPI/Schannel able to do it? From here, it doesn't look that
way. Please, can you clarify?

--gv