Re: obtaining information about files or folders with MLST?

From: Ellié Computing Open Source Program <opensource_at_elliecomputing.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:07:31 +0200

>From: Dan Fandrich
>On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:12:10AM +0200, Ellié Computing Open Source
>Program wrote:
>> the MLST command returns its result in the control connection, with
>> a success code of 250, this is not handled unfortunately.
>
>The CUSTOMREQUEST option is the way to do it if the custom command sends
>something over the data connection. If MLST sends it over the control
>connection, then set MLST as the CURLOPT_QUOTE option, set CURLOPT_NOBODY
>to skip doing a data transfer, then install a header callback with
>CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION to grab the listing.

OK, I could do what I wanted that way :-)
may I suggest a line of documentation in CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION
documentation telling that at least for FTP the control lines are returned
there? the documentation for that option is solely about HTTP, it makes it
really non obvious that it does something for other protocols. (if I knew
what it does for other protocols I'd propose a patch but I just know about
FTP yet...)

Thanks and best regards
Armel