Re: SSL/TLS support using Windows SSPI Schannel API

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 23:24:03 +0200

2012/4/21 Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>:
> Hi Marc,
>
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2012, Marc Hoersken wrote:
>
>> > I can push this myself but obviously it would break the work you have
>> > already done Marc and you would need to rebase.
>>
>> Just push your changes and I will merge them with mine. That's no
>> problem for me. ;-)
>
> I see you posted some more patches this evening, are you and Daniel trying
> to push these or did you want me to push my change first?

Hi Steve,

we are not pushing yet, just continuing development and cleanup at the moment.

Yes, please go ahead and push your changes. Attached you will also
find a conversation I had with Gisle about the static linking of
version.lib:

>>> Marc:
>>> You may be right, but is there any evidence pointing to problems with
>>> linking to version.lib?
>>>
>>> I mean, libcurl always has to link against some OS libraries and
>>> version.lib seems to be one that exists on all newer Windows versions.
>>
>> Gisle:
>> Sure, but people using a static version of libcurl, will need to link with
>> version.lib (or libversion) too. That may introduce some question and
>> unnecessary "noise". Only that did concern me.
>
> Marc:
> Ok, good point, I am fine with loading version.dll instead. We may need
> to look at the changes Steve did, because he reworked the version
> information stuff.
>
> Let's continue this discussion in a new thread or below his changes once
> he pushes them or provides patches.
(Forwarding to the mailinglist after accidentally sending it to him
directly and with his permission.)

Best regards,
Marc