Re: SSL/TLS support using Windows SSPI Schannel API

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 22:59:42 +0200

Hi Steve,
Am 22.04.2012 22:24, schrieb Steve Holme:
> Thank you. I've fixed the un-used variable and am a little stuck with
> VerQueryValue().
>
> I'm not sure if I'm being a little dizzy tonight or not but...
>
> I can fix the problems with parameters 3 and 4 by putting the appropriate
> cast (LPVOID * and unsigned int * respectively) but why is the warning
> generated for parameter 2?
I've no idea - not looked at code nor prototypes ...
but may I suggest same to you what I already suggested to Marc and what
helped him to quickly fix a couple of warnings?
I've a ready-to-use MinGW package here:
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/MinGW-4.5.2.7z
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/MinGW-4.5.2.7z.md5
just download, extract to the root of a drive (usally C:\); open a cmd
box [1] in the root of your curl git checkout; then call the batch
[Drive]:\MinGW\mingw32.bat to setup the path to compiler, and compile with:
mingw32-make -f Makefile.dist mingw32-sspi[-opt][-opt]
then you should see the warnings self + can check the headers for any
differences between MinGW and MSVC.

Greets, Gün.

[1]
For this CmdHerePowertoy is very useful, you can use either the setup:
http://svwe10.itex.at/downloads/w32_tools/CmdHerePowertoySetup.exe
or just the registry add (since its nothing more):
http://svwe10.itex.at/downloads/w32_tools/CommandWindowHere.reg