Re: problem with cross-compile configure --with-librtmp

From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 00:20:03 +0200

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:
> ok, I've just learned a bit more about pkg-config from here:
> http://www.flameeyes.eu/autotools-mythbuster/pkgconfig/cross-compiling.html
> and did setup the wrapper script mentioned there ... ;-)
> now while on this I just found too that we currently miss to add the proper
> crypto libs to the libssh2.pc file; we should have added a line like this
> (f.e. for libssh2 build with OpenSSL):
> Requires: libssl,libcrypto

use Requires.private if pkg-config is sufficiently recent. We do this:

in configure.ac:

if $PKG_CONFIG --atleast-pkgconfig-version 0.22; then
   pkgconfig_requires_private="Requires.private"
else
   pkgconfig_requires_private="Requires"
fi
AC_SUBST(pkgconfig_requires_private)

in the .pc.in file:

@pkgconfig_requires_private@: @requirement@

(where requirements is an AC_SUBST'ed variable containing the needed
dependencies)

regards

Vincent Torri