RE: SSL/TLS support using Windows SSPI Schannel API

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:56:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Salisbury, Mark wrote:

Thanks a lot for your contribution Mark. Let's combine these into something
great!

> - write buffering implemented (though this is very easy to do). it
> continues in a loop until all bytes are written. Not sure if this is what
> Daniel intended as correct when he said "The code considers swrite() returns
> that are less than "full" to be errors.". The alternative is to maintain a
> 'bytes to write' buffer an check that first when a send call is invoked.

That's the issue I meant, yes. Just looping is however not the ideal solution
since that is a blocking behavior which will waste CPU cycles and degrade the
multi interface experience. It is however better than not handling the case at
all... =)

> See my implementation attached. (of course there are some changes in some
> other libcurl header files too, just the main implementation file is
> attached).

Mark and Marc! What do you consider the best way forward to be?

Will you merge your two efforts first, or should we get one of them into the
master first and then work on adjusting that with code from the other way
afterwards? I'm open for either way.