Re: SSL/TLS support using Windows SSPI Schannel API

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:14:42 +0200

2012/4/23 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Salisbury, Mark wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot for your contribution Mark. Let's combine these into something
> great!

Yep, I am also for combining the solutions into something great!

>> - write buffering implemented (though this is very easy to do).  it
>> continues in a loop until all bytes are written.  Not sure if this is what
>> Daniel intended as correct when he said "The code considers swrite() returns
>> that are less than "full" to be errors.".  The alternative is to maintain a
>> 'bytes to write' buffer an check that first when a send call is invoked.
>

> That's the issue I meant, yes. Just looping is however not the ideal
> solution since that is a blocking behavior which will waste CPU cycles and
> degrade the multi interface experience. It is however better than not
> handling the case at all... =)

What about returning CURL_AGAIN? Will this make libcurl re-call the
functions for further writing?

>> See my implementation attached.  (of course there are some changes in some
>> other libcurl header files too, just the main implementation file is
>> attached).
>

> Mark and Marc! What do you consider the best way forward to be?
>
> Will you merge your two efforts first, or should we get one of them into the
> master first and then work on adjusting that with code from the other way
> afterwards? I'm open for either way.

I guess Mark's solution is more mature, but he also correctly
identified advantages in both implementations. As I am pretty busy
until the 7th May, I am not sure if I can help much with the merge,
but I would really like to see the advantages of both approaches being
merged into libcurl.

Best regards,
Marc