Re: libcurl compiling under zOS Unix system services

From: Peter Ondruška <peter.ondruska+curl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:17:42 +0200

Replies inline

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Peter Ondruška
> <peter.ondruska+curl_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> anybody uses latest libcurl on zOS?
>
> Not here.
>
>> When compiling lib/select.h refers
>> to sys/poll.h instead of poll.h (on this particular system) and
>> therefore it failed. After the change in select.h curl compiled fine.
>
> Are you running configure configure script or using a hand-crafted
> curl_config.h file?

Configured with configure script

> Are you using native compiler or gcc? Whose headers are being used?

Using native compiler here.

> Does sys/poll.h and poll.h exist irregardless of compiler being used?
>
> Is poll.h contrary to sys/poll.h the appropriate header to include
> always in lib/select.h for zOS?

My guess poll.h would be the appropriate header based on IBM's documentation:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r13/topic/com.ibm.zos.r13.bpxbd00/hpoll.htm#hpoll
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r13/topic/com.ibm.zos.r13.bpxbd00/poll.htm#poll
However I am unable to find out if this is consistent across different versions.

> Is 'ZOS' preprocessor symbol always pre-defined (without the inclusion
> of any header) when compiling code for zOS? If not which predefined
> macro would allow to tell apart a zOS build target from any other?

I am not sure if I understood your question but these are documented
macros on this compiler/platform:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r13/topic/com.ibm.zos.r13.cbclx01/macros_platform.htm