Sockets left open

From: Mark Lively <mongothegeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:40:13 -0400

I am using a piece of commercial software that uses curl_multi_perform
to download files.

Unfortunately, it runs out of open connections after 1000 downloads
and it seems to me that there is some sort of not cleaning up going
on.

I haven't had much luck getting the problem fixed by the developer.

There is a plugin architecture to this program so I was hoping to
write a plug-in that would allow me to tear down the old connections.

Is there someway to get at someone else's multi_handle?

I tried calling curl_global_cleanup() and then curl_global_init().
While this doesn't seem to break anything, it doesn't seem to fix
anything.

-Mark