Disabling alarm system call

From: Gokhan Sengun <gokhansengun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 00:14:54 +0300

Hello Folks,

I would like to disable alarm system call in building libcurl.

I used "--disable-alarm" in configuring the library but strace points out
that curl is still using alarm function.

It is looking that 'alarm' call is used in DNS resolving which I am doing
on my own. I am just feeding the IP address to libcurl.

libcurl is assuming it got a FQDN and processing IP addresses as if they
are FQDNs. I am going to get this point later after I clear my mind about
it. The subject mentioned above is the first step.

Thanks in advance.

--
it is twice as difficult to debug a program as to write it. Therefore, if
you put all of your creativity and effort into writing the program, you are