Re: libcurl IPv6 dualstack support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 15:18:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 11 May 2012, Bin Wang wrote:

> Daniel and all,
>
> I understand that one of the todo items for libcurl is to provide better
> IPv6 dual stack support, as described here:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/todo.html#Happy_Eyeball_dual_stack_connect
>
> Is this item currently being worked on?

I don't think so. I don't work on it and I've not seen anyone mention them
working on it. I added it the TODO since I want to see it being handled, but I
have no expectations of being able to work on this myself within the nearest
future.

If anyone else grabs it and wants to work on implementing it, I will certainly
try to help out.

> With the World IPv6 Day approaching and the inevitable fact that IPv6 and
> IPv4 will coexist for long time, it seems reasonable to make this one a bit
> higher priority. Some updates on this would be greatly appreciated.

In a project with only volunteers, there really isn't anything like a single
priority. Everyone works on whatever they think is important and I gladly
accept changes in all areas that improve our project. We provide the TODO
document to give people a sense of which things we'd like to see.

If people truly want happy eyeballs support in curl, if that was important for
someone, then I would expect that someone to come here and work with us to get
it done...