Re: SMTP: multi interface produce wrong error code for unknown recipient

From: Gokhan Sengun <gokhansengun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 08:53:12 +0300

> I've just ran the easy interface to see if the same thing happens and the
> function also gets called here as well :)
>
> However, the "if(status)" towards the top of the function catches the
> failures which would indicate that the status code isn't being sent through
> correctly under the multi interface - is this possible?

Thanks guys for the quick responses, debugging showed that smtp_doing was
overriding 'status' before sending it to upper layer (multi interface).
Changing smtp_doing like below fixes the problem. I checked FTP and it is
exactly doing the same thing.

  if(*dophase_done) {
    if(result == CURLE_OK) {
      result = smtp_dophase_done(conn, FALSE /* not connected */);
      DEBUGF(infof(conn->data, "DO phase failed\n"));
    }
    else
      DEBUGF(infof(conn->data, "DO phase is complete\n"));
  }

My testing shows it is all better now but unfortunately at work I can not
use git to run SMTP tests to make sure everything is still working fine. I
will do it later at home.