Re: compile curlgtk

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 09:35:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 May 2012, Rudra Banerjee wrote:

> I am very new to curl (and gtk as well).
> I was trying to compile and run curlgtk.c code.

Please be aware that our project is focused on libcurl and that example simply
shows how to integrate libcurl with gtk. We're not a suitable forum to discuss
GTK problems on.

> curlgtk.c:13:21: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

This shows your compiler doesn't find the gtk header that the example uses.

> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'g_thread_init' is defined in
> DSO /lib64/libgthread-2.0.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command
> line
> /lib64/libgthread-2.0.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

That shows your linker misses some functions, probably because you need to
link with some additional lib. I would suggest you read up on some GTK docs or
ask some GTK developers on how this is supposed to work with your distro.