Re: failed tests building curl 7.26

From: Neil Bowers <neil_at_bowers.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 17:29:44 +0100

Hej Gün,

> please run the tests as non-root user, and make sure stunnel is installed. Also IIRC we had at some time some bus errors and segfaults with one of my older autobuild machines, but with recent OSes it doesnt happen anymory ...
> Am 01.06.2012 10:41, schrieb Neil Bowers:
>> I'm trying to build curl 7.26. Everything seems to go OK, but two tests
>> failed:
>>
>> TESTDONE: 547 tests out of 549 reported OK: 99%
>> TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 554 587
>> TESTDONE: 681 tests were considered during 261 seconds.

I did as requested, and now get:

TESTDONE: 581 tests out of 583 reported OK: 99%
TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 554 587
TESTDONE: 681 tests were considered during 436 seconds.

So more tests were run, and none of the new ones failed :-)

The two tests which failed did so for the same reasons as before:
>> The things of note while running make test:
>>
>> test 554...sh: line 1: 34194 Bus error: 10 ./libtest/lib554
>> http://127.0.0.1:8990/554 > log/stdout554 2> log/stderr554
>> FAILED
>> test 563...OK (389 out of 678, remaining: 01:53)
>> Will not run ssh server as root to mitigate security risks
>> RUN: failed to start the SSH server
>> test 587...sh: line 1: 34638 Segmentation fault: 11 ./libtest/lib587
>> http://127.0.0.1:8990/587 > log/stdout587 2> log/stderr587
>> FAILED

> if you have some spare CPU cycles then perhaps consider to run some autobuilds [1] from cron - we dont have actually any MacOSX builds; that would greatly help with fixing such issues.

I'm just setting that up. I noticed that in the first run, one more test failed:

TESTFAIL: These test cases failed: 554 564 587

This is running on my mac laptop, so I'll play round with the best time for the cron to run. I'll force one now so you'll have a first set of data from it.

Let me know if there's anything more I can do to help?

Tack,
Neil