Re: Why there is undefined symbol __cxa_begin_cleanup in libcurl.so

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:02:35 +0200

Hi,
Am 06.06.2012 16:32, schrieb mao xu:
> I'm using the configure command with macro definitions of CC, CXX, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS etc to do cross compiling.
There's no need to do that. Try instead:
export PATH=/opt/android-ndk-r8-standalone/bin:$PATH
./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi [more configure options]
everything else should be found automatically (also libz which is part
of the NDK)
> The command line of gcc in my previous email is copied from the output of make,I think from this command line it's convenient to find cause of this issue.
no, unfortunately not; this symbol is part of the NDK - as you found
self already - and I ran into similar issues when I specified too many
paths into the NDK; some googling then suggested to create the
standalone toolchain (as you did already) and to avoid any paths into
that toolchain (-L) and any libs (-l) unless you do really build with
some non-standard stuff ...
see f.e. my autobuilds:
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/builds.html
here I only specify the libs not part of the NDK:
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20120606131527-5060
I try to setup a build shortly with NDK r8 (which I use on another
machine already) + shared, then we might see if that fails ...

> For the shared library path in android ICS, do you have any suggestion about it?
hmm, you best bet might be /system/lib since you cant count that the
symlink /lib exists; but AFAIK Android doesnt support versioned .so libs
art all - at least I dont see any *.so.x.y in the firmware images I
examined so far ...;
therefore my suggestion to link statically - if you only have to care
about your one application and have no space issues then why mess with
library paths + the risk that another apps might downgrade your libcurl.so ?

G¨¹n.