RE: after 7.26.0

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 00:03:57 +0100

Hi Marc,

> > * Cloned the repository from https://github.com/mback2k/curl.git
> > * Switched to the schannel-rebase-00fddba672 branch
>
> That's a way to do it. But if you want to push to your own repo instead
> of needing to generate e-mail patches, you could have created a fork on
> github.com. Anyway, you can just send your commits as a patch to the
> mailinglist.

Oooo, Forking sounds a bit scary - I think I'll stick with the email patches ;-)

> > Will I have direct commit / push access to that branch or should I be
> > working differently?
>
> Yes, you will have commit access to your local clone, but you won't be
> able to push to my personal fork on github.com.

No problem - I wasn't sure whether you wanted the changes as patches or whether you wanted to give me access to your fork.

> A better approach would to fork Daniel's repo and then pull my
> changes into it.

Now that's starting to sound really scary ;-)

> > I've just added support for APOP in a local branch here, which I hope
> > to push over the weekend and once that is out of the way / whilst I
> > wait for the autobuilds to run I will hopefully be able to re do my
> > version info changes into your branch.
>
> Cool!

Just to give you an update...

* I pushed all my changes to the main curl repo in order to add support for APOP
* I have updated your repo and branch schannel-rebase-00fddba672 with my version changes here
* I have tested the following configurations to make sure --version displays the correct information:

    1) No SSPI
    2) No SSPI and OpenSSL
    3) SSPI but no SSL
    4) SSPI with OpenSSL
    5) SSPI with SChannel SSL

* The results were:

1) curl 7.27.0-DEV (x86_64-pc-win32) libcurl/7.27.0-DEV Features: AsynchDNS Largefile
2) curl 7.27.0-DEV (x86_64-pc-win32) libcurl/7.27.0-DEV OpenSSL/1.0.0e Features: AsynchDNS Largefile NTLM SSL
3) curl 7.27.0-DEV (x86_64-pc-win32) libcurl/7.27.0-DEV sspi/6.1.7601 Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate Largefile NTLM
4) curl 7.27.0-DEV (x86_64-pc-win32) libcurl/7.27.0-DEV OpenSSL/1.0.0e sspi/6.1.7601 Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate Largefile NTLM SSL
5) curl 7.27.0-DEV (x86_64-pc-win32) libcurl/7.27.0-DEV sspi/6.1.7601 Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate Largefile NTLM SSL

I now need to:

* Separate the work into two patches and email them to you

Just a quick question before I do that though... Should we have the version string as "sspi" as I have done or as "WinSSPI" ?

I appreciate this maybe still to do... but a little bit of feedback as I found having to add USE_WINDOWS_SSPI; USE_SSL; USE_SCHANNEL to the pre-processor section of my Visual Studio project a little confusing to enable SSPI and SChannel based SSL.

I thought that by having USE_SCHANNEL that would automatically define USE_SSL.

Kind Regards

Steve