Re: Windows SSPI Schannel implementation ready

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 20:06:44 +0200

Hi Daniel,

2012/6/11 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Marc Hoersken wrote:
>
>> Therefore I am attaching a complete new set of patches that differs
>> after 38984c2775651c8fb675528b20fa8d54ba43e2c6 (patch 0022).
>> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>>
>> Please drop the old set and use the new one.
>

> Thanks for your hard work on this! I've merged this into a local branch of
> mine (with some manual fiddles due to the CRLF newlines in some files) and
> I've done some small local cleanups.

You're welcome! I had quite a lot of fun creating this. :-)

Did you use the latest set of patch files? Actually that set shouldn't
contain CRLF newline issues anymore. If it does, please tell me the
location so that I can fix it on my branch and provide a new patch
file. I am also very interested in the small local cleanups. ;-)

I would to make sure that changes created due to misunderstandings or
similiar make it into the master.

> A question I have is about the removal of CURL_VERSION_SSPI. What's the gain
> in removing this bit? We're set to keep the API backwards compatible so we
> better not remove the definition from the header file, but won't there also
> be one or a few applications existing that actually checks that bit to see
> if libcurl is built with SSPI?

I didn't implement this change, but maybe Steve is able to elaborate a
little bit on this part.

Best regards,
Marc