Re: Windows SSPI Schannel implementation ready

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 20:12:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Marc Hoersken wrote:

> Did you use the latest set of patch files? Actually that set shouldn't
> contain CRLF newline issues anymore. If it does, please tell me the location
> so that I can fix it on my branch and provide a new patch file.

The CRLFs are in the windows makefiles, I would expect them to be there! ;-)

> I am also very interested in the small local cleanups. ;-)

Yes sure, but I was thinking I would just clear up this CURL_VERSION_SSPI
thing first and then I would push this to the master branch to let everyone
play with it and then we could work on further work/patches from there. That's
why I haven't made my small fixes public yet as I think they will be very soon
anyway.

>> A question I have is about the removal of CURL_VERSION_SSPI. What's the
>> gain in removing this bit? We're set to keep the API backwards compatible
>> so we better not remove the definition from the header file, but won't
>> there also be one or a few applications existing that actually checks that
>> bit to see if libcurl is built with SSPI?
>
> I didn't implement this change, but maybe Steve is able to elaborate a
> little bit on this part.

Oh I missed that. So Steve, any comments?