Re: Windows SSPI Schannel implementation ready

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:26:19 +0200

Hi Guenter,

2012/6/12 Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>:
> Hi Marc,
> Am 10.06.2012 22:54, schrieb Marc Hoersken:
>
>> with the support of Steve and Guenter, I was able to ready my Windows
>> SSPI Schannel implementation.
>
> naa, not worth to mention me at all - I did contribute nothing but few small
> commits!
> Great work, Marc! And thanks to Steve too who did also put a bunch of energy
> into it.

Even small changes can have a huge impact for the success of such a
project. You were a great help for me, especially with the build
files.

> (if you're looking for something new to attack then take a look at libssh2 -
> perhaps its possible to provide the crypto stuff there too from Schannel;
> that would be very great since it would remove the dependecy to either
> openssl or libgcrypt ...)

Yes, that's a good idea. I just looked at the libgcrypt.[ch] and
openssl.[ch] files where and it seems like that small amount of code
could be reimplemented using SSPI. I will have to check the
availability of all the required crypto stuff, but even if SSPI does
not provide them, the Windows CryptoAPI should.

I will see then I get a chance to give it a try.

Best regards,
Marc