Re: Windows SSPI Schannel implementation ready

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:57:58 +0200

SSPI is already present in libcurl's feature list when in use, so...

Why do we need to show the security.dll or secur32.dll version in
libcurl's version string, and additionally dress it up as WinSSPI?

These two are system libraries the same as all other system libs that
might be used, such as kernel32, normaliz, wldap32 and ws2_32, for
which we don't show any version info. The user/developer has very
little choice relative to which version is used.

Additionally showing that info introduces another library dependency
which didn't exist up to now.

My opinion is to get rid of it, unless someone tells us why we badly need it.

--
-=[Yang]=-