metalink support

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:45:49 +0200

Hi all,
I did build curl with metalink support, but a test on NetWare failed due
to illegal filename; I tested a link from the curl download page:
http://curl.haxx.se/metalink.cgi?curl=win64-ssl-sspi
this results in the metalink file 'metalink.cgi?curl=win64-ssl-sspi'
which is an illegal one since '?' is not allowed on NetWare, and neither
on Windows; so we need to think about what we do here: just cut off the
filename string beginning with the '?' (simplest) or replace all
possible illegal filename characters with an underscore?
Or, maybe even store it as a temp file, and remove it afterwards if the
metalink download finished and checksum check was successful?

Greets, Gün.