Re: metalink support

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:14:58 +0200

Hi Daniel,
Am 20.06.2012 08:56, schrieb Guenter:
> now the problem I see is in those cases when the metalink data is
> generated with a CGI script like what we have on the libcurl download page:
> http://curl.haxx.se/metalink.cgi?curl=win64-ssl-sspi
> now it happens at stage 1 that curl wants to store the metalink data to
> a local file 'metalink.cgi?curl=win64-ssl-sspi' which is an illegal
> filename on some platforms due to the '?' ...
> maybe its even half an issue of our CGI script which might lack to send
> a filename in the headers which curl could use instead? (I dont know ...)
I checked a bit further, and it might be a good idea if our metalink.cgi
would provide another header for the filename; currently I see only:
curl -I http://curl.haxx.se/metalink.cgi?curl=win64-ssl-sspi
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:08:38 GMT
Server: Apache

I believe it should additionally output:
Content-Disposition:attachment;filename=curl-7.23.1-win64-ssl-sspi.zip.metalink

Gün.