Re: further schannel improvements

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:49:09 +0200

Hi there,

2012/6/20 Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Relative to seven patch files posted Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM by
>> Mark Salisbury Mark...
>>
>> Patches 0002-* and 0004-* not yet integrated. All other five somewhat
>> adjusted and pushed to repo.
>
> All seven patch files integrated/adjusted/pushed.to repo.
>
> Please test

thanks a lot, Yang and Mark!

But there is one new problem being introduced by some of those
patches. It seems like the new handshake logic is unable to handle the
renegotiation if requested by the remote party. The new "doread"
variable will make curl try to read more data in an endless loop, even
though the data is already in the encrypted data buffer. This means we
need to change that logic to support doread being set to FALSE from
the beginning for renegotiation. I suggest that doread or a similar
variable is made a parameter to the step2 function. This would allow
the schannel_recv function to pass FALSE into that.

What do you think?

You can test the renegotiation against
https://stuff.marc-hoersken.de/renegotiate/

Best regards,