FTP response timeout

From: Jeff McKay <jeff.mckay_at_comaxis.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:16:14 -0700

I have seen an earlier response to the question of what error #28 in ftp
means
but didn't quite understand it. Looking at the log of my ftp session,
it appears
that libcurl uploads the entire file (about 350 megs) based on the data
fetches
received. At the end, I get "FTP response timeout, control connection
looks dead".
This does not seem to happen with smaller files. Is this my problem, or
with the
ftp server? If my problem, what can I do about it?

I am experimenting with CURLOPT_FTP_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT but have not gotten
the results yet from my customer. From the documentation, it seems that
without
this option, libcurl defaults to CURLOPT_TIMEOUT which I do not set,
therefore
the wait is infinite? But I still get the ftp timeout error.