Re: [STEP 1] SSPI/Schannel string literals voting process

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:07:45 +0200

Am 27.06.2012 18:43, schrieb Yang Tse:
> Hi friends,
>
> Up to right now, we only have two messages proposing some string candidates:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2012-06/0305.html
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2012-06/0044.html
>
> When summed up and once duplicates are removed, this makes that for
> now we have the following candidates:
>
> [Version_Literal="Schannel"]
> [Version_Literal="WinSSL"]
>
> [Config_Literal="SCHANNEL"]
> [Config_Literal="WINDOWS_SSL"]
> [Config_Literal="schannel"]
> [Config_Literal="winssl"]
>
> I want to remind that each message-list poster is allowed to provide
> up to five candidates for Config_Literal and up to five candidates for
> Version_Literal, in any number of messages, until 00:00:01 GMT of June
> 29 2012.

[Version_Literal="SSL-Windows-native"]
[Version_Literal="WinSSL"]

[Config_Literal="winssl"]

just a reminder: we should keep in mind that there's another candidate
of native provider: WinIDN; if we finally choose something else than
"SSL-Windows-native" for the SSL Version_Literal then we should also
sync this with WinIDN; therefore probably the best choice would be
[Version_Literal="WinSSL"]
[Config_Literal="winssl"]
and then:
[Version_Literal="WinIDN"]
[Config_Literal="winidn"]
this would also have the benefit that the Version_Literal and
Config_Literal would be equal, and finally gives less confusion.

Gün.