Re: Unicode and NTLM

From: Christian Hägele <haegele_at_teamviewer.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:16:16 +0200

Hello,

I tested the Proxy-authentication via NTLM with unicode usernames on
windows and encountered two different problems:

1. Currently we are using libCurl 7.23.1. As we tested the latest libcurl
we found a serious regression Bug.
(Detailed description: http://curl.haxx.se/bug/view.cgi?id=3538625)

2. There were a heap corruption when compiling libcurl with UNICODE
defined and using unicode characters in username. I attached a patch which
should resolve these issues. (The patch is against nightly build of
20120627)

Besides these problems everything worked fine with unicode usernames for
proxy-authentication which didn't work before. So I guess some problems
with unicode usernames are fixed as a "side-effect".

But to be sure and do extended testing I have to wait for the reported
Bug to be fixed.

Regards,

Christian