Re: Porting libcurl on Android with SSL Support

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:12:47 +0200

Hi Tancho,
Am 05.07.2012 14:55, schrieb Tancho .:
> So if I understood correctly I am supposed to add stuff to the
> standalone NDK.
yep.
> I am using Crystax NDK v7b (default google ndk with some extra stuff
> like support for wchar_t and wstring, runtime_error, C++11 support
> etc.. but it's completely backward compatible. )
> so I extracted your zip in the following location
>
> $NDK_PATH/ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3
> the local folder was missing as you suggested, so I put it there. and
but I hope you did put it below:
$NDK_PATH/ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/sysroot/usr !
so that you get:
$NDK_PATH/ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/sysroot/usr/local/include
$NDK_PATH/ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/sysroot/usr/local/lib

> also I set my Application.mk to use the 4.4.3 toolchain, next
> $./androidconfig (the exported paths with the configure script that I
> started this thread with)
> and I got the same error?
> did I miss something?
well, nothing can change if you still use a handcrafted script; you
should instead use the standard configure script which comes with
libcurl sources, and invoke it in libcurl top source dir like that:
./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi --disable-shared --with-zlib
--enable-ipv6 --without-librtmp

optional add a --prefix=path so that you finally can call 'make install'
to get a libcurl-devel package, and then after you got libcurl.a
successfully compiled you can start to compile your jni ...

BTW. is that jni written by you, or is it another opensource project?

Gün.