Re: Porting libcurl on Android with SSL Support

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 19:59:01 +0200

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 07:17:01PM +0200, Guenter wrote:
> Am 05.07.2012 15:37, schrieb Tancho .:
> >2. the script I'm using is actually just setting the environment and
> >then calling the curl config script, it's based on the explanations in
> >the Android.mk file comments by the dev team
> you mean the Android.mk in libcurl source tree? Then sorry, I cant
> comment on this one since I never used it; but if you wait a bit I'm
> sure that Dan will comment on this ...

If you use the standalone Android toolchain (from
make-standalone-toolchain.sh), you don't need Android.mk or the
instructions mentioned within it. I used Android.mk when creating Android
ROMs that included libcurl built-in, but you will probably also need it
when writing code using the NDK. If you can avoid it, do so, since
getting the config.h file built correctly the first time using the
instructions in Android.mk can be tricky and time consuming. You could
also try creating config.h using the standalone toolchain, then using
the NDK and Android.mk to build libcurl. I'm not positive that the
compile and link options are the same in both environments, but the kind
of things that configure looks for ought to be.

>>> Dan