Difference in host resolution error reporting behaviour in latest libcurl (v7.26.0)

From: ajil koshy <ajil.koshy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:39:44 +0530

Hi,

I have been using libcurl for a while. Recently, I upgraded from v7.23.1 to
the latest version i.e. v7.26.0. I am seeing a difference in behaviour in
both versions when libcurl encounters a server url host resolution error.

In the earlier version, when a hostname resolution failure occurred, I
could extract the error code 'CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST' by calling
curl_multi_info_read. Libcurl also logged the following statement:
'Could not resolve host: (nil); Host not found'

In the latest version, this is not seen. Can anyone tell me what is causing
this change in behavior? Also, how can we find out if host name resolution
failure has occurred in the latest libcurl version?

Thanks
Ajil