Re: Porting libcurl on Android with SSL Support

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 03:34:43 +0200

Hi Tancho,
Am 17.07.2012 01:08, schrieb Tancho .:
> just to inform you ( I forgot to do it last week )
> I successfully cross-compiled cUrl for Android with SSL using the
> standalone toolchain.
thanks for giving feedback!

> I would suggest removing the Android.mk file which points people in the
> wrong direction and adding an Android.README file which will explain the
> process.
there might be cases where you need such a makefile - different folks
have different needs;
unless Dan agrees it should be removed I think we keep it;
and for those who're hasty and dont read ./docs/INSTALL to get informed
of another possible way to go once they see an Android.mk in the root we
can explicitely point to ./docs/INSTALL at the top of the makefile;
wouldnt that help?

> I would gladly document it and provide it with detailed instructions if
> you want me to.
hmm, I believe the fact that I successfully run a bunch of Android
autobuilds even with a bunch of dependency libs proofes that the way I
did explain in the Android section in ./docs/INSTALL works fine;
so whats wrong with the Android section in ./docs/INSTALL ?
what is missing there or unclear?

> I really believe it would help a lot of people who need it.
Didnt we help you good enough here on the list?

> I would provide the binary static lib to anyone on this list who needs
> it, but I doubt it would be useful since I crippled it to my needs,
> removed all the supported protocols except HTTP and HTTPS and also most
> of the other stuff which I did not need. If someone needs it please
> reply, I will gladly share.
thats the prob: everyone has other needs, and if I would provide a devel
package with everything in some would complain about too much stuff,
while with a devel package with only http/https support the next comes
and complains about missing XYZ ... ;-)

and BTW please dont top-post:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html#Do_Not_Top_Post

Gün.