Known Bug #37 + auth callback status

From: Joe Mason <jmason_at_rim.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 22:17:53 +0000

37. Having more than one connection to the same host when doing NTLM
  authentication (with performs multiple "passes" and authenticates a
  connection rather than a HTTP request), and particularly when using the
  multi interface, there's a risk that libcurl will re-use a wrong connection
  when doing the different passes in the NTLM negotiation and thus fail to
  negotiate (in seemingly mysterious ways).

I just uploaded a test case to reproduce this problem (the top commit of https://github.com/JoeNotCharles/curl/commits/ntlm_connect - test2032).

I'm going on vacation tomorrow for a week; when I get back I'm going to try to fix it. It would be great if somebody can use this reproduction to fix it before then - it should be pretty simple! (I believe that ConnectionExists needs to add a check if the request is NTLM and has already used a connection, it should re-use that connection if possible; currently it just uses the first connection that it can't rule out.)

After this is fixed I'll get back to writing unit tests for the auth callback, so hopefully I'll be able to get it committed soon.

Joe