Re: One or more libs available at link-time are not available run-time

From: Jeremy Hughes <jeremy_at_softpress.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:59:45 +0100

Daniel Stenberg (16/8/12, 22:38) said:

>> Does Libcurl 7.27.0 require an extra library in addition to Libssh2, or is
>> there another parameter I should be passing?
>
>libssh2 in itself uses other libraries that need to be provided.

The configure command for libssh2 specifies --with-openssl. This seems to be all that is needed for building earlier versions of Libcurl with ssh support.

openssl is in /usr/bin/

>But this error occurs when configure found and linked everything fine when it
>tried to actuallt just link stuff but it doesn't work fine to run the results.

That's more or less what I figured the error message was saying.

>It genereally means that you need to make sure your shell/system/loader finds
>the libraries when you run the command using LD_LIBRARY_PATH, /etc/ld.so.conf
>or similar.

I'm afraid I don't understand what this means. LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to be a Linux environment variable, and I don't have /etc/ld.so.conf on my machine.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "run the command" - is this the configure command or the application that is using Libcurl?

What I'm trying to do is to build Libcurl as a static library that can be used by a Mac application. I've previously built Libcurl 7.21.1 and 7.19.4 without encountering this problem. We're currently using 7.19.4, and I'm trying to update to the most recent version.

Does 7.27.0 require additional libraries that aren't needed by earlier versions?

Jeremy